Monday, February 16, 2009

Jobless, enjoying chocolate and wine

It's almost done with my 3rd module of my second year in business school, which is as good a time as any to ponder life's direction. Well, not really. This module I am focusing on strategy. I am taking Corporate Strategy, HR for Line Managers, Leading a Management Consulting Firm and my global integrative course. One Friday I am headed to Brazil for over three weeks! For Georgetown's global integrative the entire class performs a consulting project for a company then heads to one of five destinations to present findings to the client. I spent in the neighborhood of 4 hours with my team today working on our presentation deck, but now it's looking really good! We're exploring domestic market expansion for a global PR firm. My group is great and the client is incredibly nice and responsive, so really what more could you ask for?
Of course, being almost-Lent-time of year, I decided to aim my course choices towards those without finals and am therefore able to leave for Brazil on Friday just in time for CARNIVAL! We will be going to the Sambodromo to see all the dancing and... whatnot. :) Spring break WOO HOO!
After 2 weeks of vaca with a week of sort-of work in between, I will head back to DC for my last module. As the title of this post suggests, I am jobless with a growing dependency on chocolate and wine. This too shall pass, but not any time soon I bet!

No comments: