Wednesday, December 17, 2008

INTERVIEW!!!

I never thought I would be this excited about a first round interview, but searching for a job in England from Washington, DC is a bit challenging at times and I actually broke through the barriers to get a first round interview with a large consulting firm. WOO HOO. It's not until the 2nd week in January so I have plenty of time to prepare over the holidays. The tide of rejections has stemmed at least temporarily.
So luckily the person I just spoke to on the phone will not be my interviewer, she's just a scheduler. Because... whenever I get a call from an unknown number 99 times out of 100 it's my fiancé. He is currently hanging out at Heathrow airport waiting to get on a flight to visit so I expected a call at some point! I leap across the apartment and answer the phone with a "helloooo." And was greeted by a very British accent "Um, hello, am I speaking to Jamey?"
My thought: oh crap, there's been an accident, my fiancé is lying in a hospital somewhere and I'm the last phone call he made so they're calling me because Brits would never be able to figure out what "Mom" "Dad" or "Home" are in his native tongue. Huge lump in throat...
Luckily about half a second later I heard the beautiful words "I'm calling from large firm."
HALLELUJAH! The email I received the other day was not a clerical error, I actually DID get an interview!

2 comments:

Nick Carrasco said...

looks like the holiday goodness is already starting, congrats!

Sarah Jones said...

yay congrats!