Monday, August 11, 2008

Last week of the internship

I'm coasting into the last week of my internship. I never had a hope of receiving an offer and never really had an intention of pursuing an internship where I could get an offer this summer so... that's what happened. It has been a very good learning experience. It started off a bit slowly, but picked up the pace significantly with lots of projects that made me stretch my understanding of microfinance. I have worked on a business plan, with an excel add-on for MFIs, written desk reports and done quite a bit of cold calling to the Canadian aid agency in Quebec! I think I had a valuable experience this summer although I am no longer sure I want to pursue microfinance as a career!
During my lunch with the top 2 people in our Career Management office (I am the student government VP Career Management) we came up with the focuses for fall workshops. I definitely fit into the "I had a good summer but I'm not sure it's what I want to do? What the heck do I do now?" I've been there before though - thus business school - and I know it will all work out in the end, but it will be a bit of a nerve wracking fall!

1 comment:

JulyDream said...

I've been told that about half of Darden falls into that category. Better now than never. :) I know you'll succeed in any job, just hopefully it's one you enjoy!