Thursday, July 17, 2008

Google translate = best thing ever

I finally got to play with numbers at my job today. Granted, it wasn't anything mind boggling, but I did get to become acquainted with an excel add-on for MFIs (microfinance institutions) called microfin. Of course it doesn't have a mac version, but that's why I have 2 laptops, the one I love and the one I use for Netflix, Rosetta Stone, and now Microfin. My team is working on finishing a business plan for one of our new affiliates (coming soon to an Asian country near you) so everyone is going a bit loco. Compound that with the fact that my teammates seem to lack higher than an elementary understanding of word and excel and that lands clean up jobs on my plate. While it can sometimes be annoying it also makes me quite popular with very little effort. Like today, when I linked the table of contents to the content of the paper. PRESTO! Everyone was very happy.

Back to my subject: google translate. I'm doing donor research on the French development agency and modern technology has removed any immediate need to learn French. It made life so much easier.

1 comment:

JulyDream said...

Cheers to google translate... and having 2 laptops. That's about to be me in 5 days!
=o)