Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Working remotely

I have stumbled upon one the beauties and the tortures of the 21st century... working remotely. My 3 bosses for my internship all work remotely so when something came up with my family this week I was easily able to work remotely as well. The way high speed internet and free applications like Skpye and googledocs have enabled even non-profit employees to easily work from anywhere is amazing, and restricting. I have a blackberry, but have thus far refrained from attaching my MSB email to it. I'm sure if I move into the corporate world I will not be as lucky as to be able to choose to disconnect.

Next week I will be a participant and a panelist at the Forte Foundation annual conference in New York. It will be nice to see some of my MSB friends who are working in New York and catch up with some non-MSB friends in-between!

No comments: