Friday, June 6, 2008

I'm going to Brasil!

I can't believe I haven't posted about this yet. I found out a few weeks ago that I am going to Brazil for my 2nd year Global Experience! During the second year at Georgetown the entire second year class participates in the Global Integrative Experience at the end of the third module. The entire class bids for locations given 10 points. This year the options were Sao Paolo, Brazil; Johannesburg, South Africa; Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam; Dubai, UAE; Madrid, Spain and Prague, Czech Republic. Only one of the two Europe destinations was chosen. If I play my cards right, I can choose classes with final papers or presentations instead of exams for the third module and go to Brazil the week before the integrative. Then I will spend a week in Sao Paolo and the week after is spring break. The bf speak fairly fluent Portuguese which should make being a tourist a lot easier. I think I am going to have some sort of beef with every meal. Brazilian steak is supposed to be amazing. I can't wait to go to my first local churrascaria!

2 comments:

Anna said...

spring break 2k9 wahoo

JulyDream said...

Congrats congrats!!! That sounds incredible!!! :D