Monday, April 7, 2008

What I really do at school

Instead of doing schoolwork, I recently involved myself in several consulting projects. I am working on a market research project for a charter school and a best practices project for a microfinance organization. This is what I love about business school and one of the reasons I came back full time- for the extracurriculars that are enriching my academic experience. Learning accounting is important, but being able to help a charter school understand whether or not they are reaching and serving their target population is the better part of my day. Now, pro bono work can be an incredibly frustrating experience (exhibit A the entire lack of public information for the microfinance project) but also rewarding. When I get to that part I'll let you know!

No comments: