Sunday, April 6, 2008

There are people who do well in jail...

... and MBAs are not among them. Thus spoke my Business & Government professor last week during a discussion of the difference between getting in trouble with the FTC and getting in trouble with the DOJ. He's quite a popular professor at the MSB, despite having to cover what I consider the most boring parts of constitutional law EVER as part of his curriculum.

Module 4 (of 4) is humming along. I am still completely jobless, which explains most of my absence from the blogosphere. Every moment I usually take to write is being spent on cover letters. I have so many thoughts running through my head about my choices and where I want to go and where I was meant to be. A series of events led to retreating into my thoughts this week. My boyfriend is visiting, one of my friends at school is pregnant and with the dollar tumbling I am looking at next year's job search with a bit of trepidation. Should I be in England right now? Monday is the microfinance conference at Georgetown. I know that's why I came to Georgetown and I hope I get to learn a lot... and get a job!

I spent Easter with my parents, and I got a small TV from them I found in the closet. As we were walking out the door, my Dad hands me the "rabbit ears" just in case cable took awhile. I discovered that the U.S. is not getting rid of analog TV until February 2009! That means, free TV for me!

As Clear Admit only likes my postings when I talk about food... I made some delicious buffalo burgers the other night. Now that my kitchen is in order I have been cooking regularly. I made some pretty decent enchiladas, the burgers and corn chowder. The bf looked at the chowder and asked where the animal was. I decided I needed to expand my reach into vegetarian cooking a bit more and had the bf bring back a cookbook partially written by one of my best friends. It's not yet available in the U.S. so I got it directly from the U.K. Check it out: Vegeterranean.

The Cherry Blossoms are in full bloom right now. I walked all around the tidal basin last weekend and took some great photos. This is one of the many reasons why it's great to be in DC- Spring!

No comments: