Saturday, January 19, 2008

Each new day brings a new way to procrastinate

I managed to write half a cover letter this morning before I got caught up in lamenting the poor choice of movies on my TV with basic cable. I then realized that with my parents' Netflix subscription, PC and newly installed futon in the office, I could choose from a wide variety of movies. That solved, I am back to work. OK, almost, now I'm blogging.
Well, I lost the presidential election but am taking on VP of Career Management so I will continue to serve on the SGA board. Still exciting!
Last night I attended the most recent Virginia happy hour. The Georgetown class is divided between those who live in the city and those who live "across the bridge" i.e. the Key Bridge, i.e. in Virginia. I am one of those people, although no one else really lives as far out as I do! Last semester, a group of 1st years started having Virginia happy hours, to make it a little more convenient for those of us who don't live in DC or Maryland to get home! There was a lot of beer, pool and mexican food involved. So much so that I didn't make it to karaoke night. Ah well. We texted the people at the karaoke night who seemed to having fun!
Back to work, these cover letters don't seem to be writing themselves.

No comments: