Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Jingle Bells, Glögi is delicious

OK, so that doesn't quite rhyme...
It's the holiday season and tonight I have made Glögi. In fact, I am now drinking some. Glögg, Gløgg, or Glögi is the traditional Nordic Christmas drink. It is basically mulled wine- it is made of wine or port, all sorts of delicious spices, and of course, vodka. That last bit is the Nordic addition to this wonderful drink. You add raisins and almonds and have some alcohol soaked deliciousness at the end of the sipping. It is one of the best ways to keep warm so far up north! That and... well let's just say there are a lot of summer babies.
Yesterday, I went to a Hannukah party, hosted by my friend Lauren and her husband. I had delicious latkes and potato pancakes, and was not required to sing any dreidel songs, although I did get to eat a dreidel cookie. There was an excellent showing by some fellow Gentiles, as well as some classmates from Israel, who got a great glimpse at holiday celebrating, American style.
I spent the weekend with the family, and put the awfulness of exams behind me! I got my first grade back today... although I am unclear on the curve, at least one grade is securely a B+ or above. Whew. As we head into break (after rounding out two days of career management stuff) I will be leaving the country for a wonderful two week hiatus, before coming back home for New Years and Module 3!

3 comments:

John said...

I remember drinking the glug that a certain attorney would make. I kind of miss it. And drinking on the job was fun.

Ananya said...

Hello HairTwirler,
I am an applicant to class of 2010.Could you help me re certain questions about McDonough please?Couldnt find your email id on your blog.
thanks,
Ananya

HairTwirler said...

Ananya- that's because I only post it in comments. :) jamey1 at gmail dot com