Friday, November 16, 2007

But what do you actually do?

I think many of my fellow bloggers and I fall into the trap of assuming everyone else's school functions the same as far as clubs, academics, bidding, etc. Sometimes what we actually do gets lost between the lines. Georgetown, as a general management program, has a very extensive core curriculum during the first year. You only take two module electives during the year, or one semester long class. This cuts down on the amount of bidding. Due partially to Georgetown University's administrative set-up, something the business school has been slowly but surely extracting itself from, we do not have our own registration system. So we therefore do not have a bidding system for courses like many MBA programs. We also have a smaller program, so you pretty much eventually get to take what you want, even if you have to wait a module or two. Next semester my top choices are Social Enterprise and Negotiations. The second years usually take over the Negotiations classes, so I doubt I will get into that, but it will be fun trying. Perhaps I should negotiate with the professor to prove what a fantastic asset to the class I would be?

No comments: