Saturday, September 15, 2007

Georgetown... past present and future

I made a great new discovery on Thursday morning. I so rarely leave the car barn (home to the business school) during the school day, it was a bit of a change to have the time to hang out in the Leavey Center for a few hours. I popped into the Leavey Center (Georgetown's student center) and went into the convenience store run by the undergrads. The undergrads are an enterprising bunch and run a convenience store called Vital Vittles and a coffee shop called Uncommon Grounds. It turns out that Vital Vittles sells fresh salads and sandwiches prepared by four different Georgetown shops. I had a delicious gyro for lunch and settled down with an iced tea to work on my organizational behavior homework. I stared out the window and to my left saw the Jesuit graveyard tucked away in the middle of campus and to my right I observed construction on the new McDonough School of Business building! The class of 2009 is supposed to be in the building second semester next year if all stays on schedule.

No comments: