Sunday, August 26, 2007

No thank you, I do not want to wear business casual today

And on the 7th day, I rested.
No I am not God, and therefore, I decided that after an exhausting one week intensive integrative where my group worked our collective butt off in a mock case competition and were beaten to the semi-finals by a team who proceeded to give a very weak performance, I decided I needed a break from all things Georgetown today.
So, no thank you, while I appreciate the 2nd years' career day internship fair, I chose to get a pedicure, have some wine, and spend the afternoon NOT wearing business casual in the 95 (heat index 110) degree heat.
OK, so that was a bit of a rant. I had a really interesting, challenging and fun experience this week. I also met a lot of really interesting people. Naturally!

Next week's challenge is the start of classes. We're off to a bit of a rough start. The strategy prof announced Friday afternoon that he had emailed us about an assignment we had to complete by Monday. We all trooped to the copy shop and the bookstore when we got back to campus around 5 pm to discover that neither were stocked. Also, I am disappointed, but not surprised that in my study group of five, I am the only woman. That is the sad reality of business school. It would be much worse if I was in Europe, so I have my- mainly American and Asian- women peers to thank for their drive to take on business school.
Upcoming moments of interest should be the careers extravaganza, consulting day, and meeting my second year mentor.

1 comment:

LeRose said...

Good for you! I was wondering where you were. Wine and pedicure sounds much better than another MBA day.