Thursday, May 17, 2007

Forté Fellow

Dear Hairtwirler,

Congratulations! Upon recommendation of the Scholarship Committee of the McDonough School of Business, we have reviewed the list of women who have received merit-based scholarships. We are happy to notify you that you have been named as a Forté Fellow! The Georgetown MBA Full-Time Program participates in the Forté Foundation, a consortium of major corporations, top business schools, and influential nonprofit organizations that work to educate and direct talented women toward leadership roles in business...


I first learned about the Forté Foundation last fall when I was googling for women MBA networks. I attended an event in Boston in the fall, before which I had a voluntary interview with the Georgetown admission rep. They are a growing network offering career support, networking and outreach to woman interested in business. This is a very exciting opportunity. Just when I was feeling a bit complacent about starting school (the India trip is edging out b school as more exciting at this moment) I received this email!

So even for Americans dealing with financial aid is a pain in the rear. Everything with Georgetown is set, but trying to figure out the details for my previous loans is annoying. Finding basic information is easy, but once you want to get into any type of specifics (definitions of terms, dates of deferrals, etc.) it becomes a maze. A Georgetown rep should be calling me this morning to discuss my questions, hopefully all will be cleared up.

T-minus thirteen days until India! Have I started packing- no!

8 comments:

Sudha said...

wow! congrats!!!
does this mean u get a full scholarship?

Juggler said...

Congratulations!!!

which places in india are you visiting?

HairTwirler said...

sudha- No full scholarship, just very very close. That's a discussion I need to re-visit with Georgetown.

juggler- Flying into Delhi, Goa, skipping most of the west coast via overnight trains, Jaipur, Agra (of course), Varanasi, then we're going to go to Nepal and come back through northern India. We'll see how much time we have left and choose from there.

asiangal said...

Congratulations! =)

Bancaku said...

Congrats!Way to go.

Gabriel's Scarcity Rent said...

Congratulations :) thinks are shaping nicer, huh?
;)

Forrest Gump said...

that's pretty amazing. congrats. and enjoy your trip to india.

Nat4mba said...

Congratulations! I was announced a Forte Fellow, too. I guess, you will probably miss the Forte Symposium in New York in late June due to your vacation in India? I will not make it to the symposium, too, but there will be lots of other events in next two years, and I will be glad to meet a fellow Fellow :)