Monday, April 9, 2007

Dear Boston:

Are you kidding me with this weather?? It's time to get warm!

Recently weather.com seems to be sponsored by golf. The sport in general. This reminds me of my recurring impulse to learn a corporate sport. I've decided on tennis, but have neither the equipment nor the club membership to make this a reasonable goal at the moment. I will wait until I have access to free courts in my parents' neighborhood this summer and see where it goes.

Since my younger brother has a sports event on Saturday April 21st, I am going to forgo the "extras" during the admitted students weekend for Georgetown. Friday should be interesting and I am looking forward to going out in Georgetown. Hopefully the weather in DC will be a bit better and the bars will open up. I have become accustomed and quite enjoy coming home from clubs and bars in NY and Boston without smelling like an ashtray. I haven't been to DC since the new smoking ban took effect. It should be a refreshing change!

4 comments:

asiangal said...

While you're freezing in Boston, I'm sweating like anything on my side of the world in 80 degree Farenheit summer heat! =)

Achilles said...

hi, thanks for your comments on my blog....actually my company is planning to move me somewhere else in the US, probably Chicago so i am not gettinig into anything right now...but if i stay up in minneapolis, i would really like to explore otions into school charter system....thanks

Achilles said...

and yeah congratulatons for taking the final decision...

Xavier said...

Hey Congrats on Georgetown. My colleague went there and loved very minute of it especially since he now works on international development/fair trade issues. I have been B-school Blog lurker for quite a while, but I am also a fellow Bostonian. There are some free tennis courts off Causeway near North Station. They were just built and next to 585 Commercial St. Building (Causeway turns into Commercial). Also Harvard has some great tennis courts which I believe are open to the public. Agree though that the weather sucks.