Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Georgetown's global integrative

One of the reasons I became interested in Georgetown in the first place was reading about the Global Integrative. During your second year, when you are supposed to know a bit more, you take a course focused on a country. From what I've read, the information presented includes everything from culture to local business case studies. As part of the class you work on a consulting project for a company doing business in the country you are studying. You then take a one week trip to the country and the visit culminates with a presentation to the local client representatives. [Side note: Yale does a very interesting and worthwhile but field trip/ classroom variety international experience.]

I received an email a few weeks ago from a second year student assigned to answer questions and convince me to go to Georgetown. My questions were mostly logistical questions regarding scheduling and finances. I was a bit miffed when I did not get a response from the 2nd year for three weeks. I thought, I know people get busy, but why did you volunteer for this? However, I received a very nice email from the student on Monday apologizing for the lack of response- he was in Africa for 3 weeks! Before the global integrative he traveled for two weeks and had limited access to email.
SIGN ME UP! This email has made me even more enthusiastic about starting the MBA!

No comments: