Saturday, February 24, 2007

Turning down offers

Reading about fellow bloggers languishing on waitlists made me realize I need to take the time to turn down my offers. It is decidedly unfair to hold places that I am now confident I will not take.
Although I have already had experience doing this it doesn't make it any easier. It is still painful to turn down schools. The exciting, wooing part of the process has passed and I am well into the torturing decision phase. During the application process a clear first place choice emerged: LBS. After being rejected from LBS, things became a bit more complicated. The multi-variate calculus now required to make my decision has given me headaches.

It just took me 15 minutes to register for the UCLA website, login, and get through two or three intro web pages in order to decline my offer of admission...

5 comments:

icy said...

Wow! you have offers from several really good schools. Congratulations! You must have had a tough time in making a choice.

All the best :)

mba_salsera said...

I would love to be in your position right now. Congrats on all the acceptances. The waiting is killing me! I am crossing my fingers that I meet you at Georgetown ;-). I went to their Women in Business Forum as well...I thought they did such a geat job presenting their program to us. It totally made my decision for me of what school I really wanted to attend!

Negat|veCreep said...

Hey. Congrats on all the admits! Great job! I'm just wondering what it was about Anderson that made it so easy for you to turn it down. I'm languishing on their R1 Waitlist. Was it just a fit issue, or anything deeper?

HairTwirler said...

Negat|veCreep: Thanks! What made it fairly easy to turn UCLA down was that I was offered almost a full tuition scholarship to Georgetown. I applied to UCLA to give myself a west coast option but ultimately decided that in addition to the money Georgetown's global "brand" (as a university) is a bit better than UCLA's and that the program was a better fit.

Negat|veCreep said...

Thanks for sharing. I hear DC is awesome, so you should have a blast. I'd personally rather be in LA, so thanks for opening up a spot. ;-). Heh heh.