Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Quitting time!

It was with subdued yet secretly unbridled joy that I informed my boss of my quitting date yesterday. May 24th is the day! With H-1B cap season in full swing I still have a grueling three months of work left. However, then it's off to India for a month and a half of being a backpacking tourist!! We're planning to stick to the north of India and try to do a little trekking. Depending on the security situation we may sneak over to Nepal as well. After India we'll be off to Finland for three weeks before I return to DC on August 5th. I am cutting it a little close if I decided to do a math camp (refresher course) which starts the 6th, but then again I usually cut it close. My jet lag coming back from Finland usually isn't too bad...

4 comments:

Novalphasierra said...

Good luck and have a fun trip in India. You should visit Jaipur in Rajasthan.

Stay away from unbottled water and don't drink any 'freshly sqeezed' juice. Even though I grew up in India, I have to ease in every time I visit. Its like innoculation.

- NAS

Peter said...

Congrats! Sounds like you're going to have a lot of fun.

MBABlogger said...

Congrats and have a great and safe trip to India! If you need help or suggestions do drop in a comment on my blog.. I am from India.. and would be in Delhi next month onwards..

MBABlogger said...

Well it always does :)