Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Accepted, now what?

As my first few b school acceptances are now firmly in hand, I will return to the world of blogging. Since 2005 my life has been either a) not interesting enough to write about or b) too busy to leave time for blogging. I feel I have moved safely into the realm of "killing time in my job before quitting for business school" and so I will rejoin the rank and file on blogspot.

A little background on my process:

I researched schools and started attending events in September 2005. I narrowed my list (but edited it frequently) up through September 2006. I took the GMAT in August 2006 (no class, lots of different books, did well.) Applied all first round to 8 different schools:
LBS
IESE
Cambridge
Georgetown
University of Maryland
Notre Dame
Yale
UCLA
I did volunteer interviews for two of the schools (Georgetown and Maryland) and was invited to interview at the others. I was not really expecting this as I considered several on the list to be stretch schools. However, now that I have been accepted to IESE, I think I might have over done it a bit with the applications. I have a clear ranking in my head of preferences, but only in the "if everything cost the same" sense. Money is a big issue for me, as I currently have none and want to enter a non-profit sector upon graduation.

I will continue posting advice and more about my decisions as I receive them!

2 comments:

R said...

Hi Hair Twirler! I came across your blog while surfing clear admit. I had a couple of questions, i'm struggling a little with my GMATs and wanted to know a couple of things a) do you have an idea of what score i should be shooting for and b) what books you used to study? Thanks!!

HairTwirler said...

http://mbajamey.blogspot.com/search/label/GMAT

What score you should aim for depends on what schools you apply to of course! The highest you can get being the best answer.